Creating a Writing Assessment
To create a Writing Assessment:
- From either the Assessments tab or your Home tab, select Create a Writing Assessment from the Create a new Assessment panel at the top of the side menu.
- Give the Assessment a name. Make sure that this is a name that will be easy to understand, and will be relevant over time (see Suggestions for naming Assessments).
- Select one of the 10 available Writing Assessments by selecting the radio button next to the Assessment you wish to create. The text types and Learning Progression steps that the Assessments cover are shown to assist you in making your choice.
- If you wish, add any notes to the Notes section.
- At this point, you can either save the Assessment (by selecting Save Assessment), or use the Add more Learners link to add the Learners who will be taking the Assessment. For more information on this area see Adding Learners to an Assessment.
- Selecting Cancel will return you to the Assessments tab.