Creating a Numeracy Assessment
To create a Numeracy Assessment:
- From either the Assessments tab or your Home tab, select Create a Numeracy Assessment from the Create a new Assessment panel at the top of the side menu.
- Give the Assessment a name. Make sure that this is a name that will be easy to understand, and will be relevant over time (see Suggestions for naming Assessments).
- Choose whether you want the Assessment to be Adaptive, Non-Adaptive, Non-Adaptive for Printing, or Snapshot. For more detail on what these terms mean, refer to the Overview of Creating Assessments in this section.
- Select an Assessment Strand (Number Knowledge, Number Strategies and Measurement or General Numeracy).
- If you have selected a Non-Adaptive Assessment in step 3, you will need to select a Difficulty for the Assessment. This determines the spread of the questions that will be selected from in making up the Assessment, and allows you to create Assessments that are more generally suited to Learners of higher or lower ability.
- If you have selected a Snapshot Assessment in step 3, you will need to select a Threshold for the Assessment. Selecting No Threshold will mean that the maximum number of questions will be delivered to the Learner.
- If you wish, add any notes to the Notes section.
- At this point, you can either save the Assessment (by selecting Save Assessment), or use the Add more Learners link to add the Learners who will be taking the Assessment. For more information on this area see Adding Learners to an Assessment.
- Selecting Cancel will return you to the Assessments tab.