Adding Educators to the Assessment Tool
Before they can be added to Groups or assigned to Assessments, Educators will need to be created in the Assessment Tool.
This can be done in the bulk file upload, see Importing Learners and Educators from a file, or manually (one at a time).
To add an Educator manually, from the Educators tab:
- Select Create New Educator from the Create panel in the side menu.
- Fill in the required details (i.e. First Name and Last Name).
- You can choose whether to fill out the optional fields (i.e. Email Address, External Educator Reference, and ESAA username). For more information on the option of having a Restricted Access Educator, see The Restricted Access Educator.
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen.
- When this process is completed successfully, a confirmation message will be displayed.
Note: If you have the Educator's ESAA user name, then adding it during the Educator creation process will mean that the Educator does not have to enter an Educator Code, and no Educator Code will be generated and sent to the email address specified.
Take care that the ESAA user name is correct (exactly the same as the user name sent from the ESAA Service Desk), or the Educator will not be linked correctly within the Assessment Tool at login, and will be prompted to to enter an Educator Code. The only solution to this is to delete the incorrectly created Educator, and create them afresh.
However, if you do not know the new Educator's ESAA user name, the Assessment Tool will attempt to send an email with the Educator Code, and will fail if it cannot find an email to send it to. In this case, you will either need to:
a) Manually locate the Educator Code by viewing the educator's details, and locating it in the side menu (where it appears only until it has been entered); or
b) Enter a valid e-mail address and resend the Educator Code.